The Center for Scientific Review at the National Institute of Health (NIH) welcomes those who are early in their career and have not successfully competed for R01-equivalent NIH funding, to apply to our Early Career Reviewer Program.
The program aims to help early career scientists become more competitive as grant applicants through first-hand experience with peer review and to enrich and diversify CSR’s pool of trained reviewers.
- Work side-by-side with some of the most accomplished researchers in your field to help NIH identify the most promising grant applications
- Learn how reviewers determine overall impact scores
- Improve your own grant writing skills by getting an insider’s view of how grant applications are evaluated
- Serve the scientific community by participating in NIH peer review
- Develop research-evaluation and critique-writing skills