A Junior Member:
- Is currently enrolled in a training program approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Royal College of Physicians of Canada
- Has been nominated for membership by his/her training program director/coordinator (Step 1) and has followed up by filling in supplementary information on the CNS website (Step 2).
- Will receive automatic upgrade to Active membership one year after completing training and qualifying for examination in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) or the equivalent Canadian Board
- If further training in a fellowship is planned, a Junior Member may petition the Membership Committee, providing documentation of the fellowship, to remain a Junior Member for a further period of time, not to exceed 3 years.
- Junior Members are non-voting members eligible for all other services available to Active Members, including access to all CNS website content and Annals of Neurology On-Line
…(Active member dues = $350/year)
- Junior Members receive a CNS-engraved reflex hammer as PG3 residents
- Junior Member annual meeting registration fees are substantially discounted and are waived entirely if presenting work as a first author.
- Junior Members in their final year of training are eligible to attend the Pellock Resident Seminar on Epilepsy (including 3 paid hotel room nights, and CNS annual meeting registration fee waiver)