Authors with new study data or developments to report who were unable to submit abstracts by the April deadline are invited to submit abstracts July 20 – August 1.
Late Breaking Abstracts must satisfy one of the two following criteria:
- Abstract describes a major clinical trial that is likely to have significant impact on clinical practice, using data unavailable by the regular abstract submission deadline of April 11, 2021. or
- Abstract describes a discovery representing a major advance in the field based on critical experiment(s) performed after the regular abstract deadline of April 11, 2021.
Please Begin a Submission Only After
- Completely Reading Guidelines and
- Final Abstract is Ready to Upload/Submit
- The Abstract Submission site is independent of the Child Neurology Society.
- You will be required to create a username and password before beginning a submission. If you submitted an abstract for the 2021 CNS Meeting already in a previous round, you can use the email/username & password you originally created.
…Note: You may use the same username/password as you have for the Child Neurology Society, however, you will be required to create this independently on the Abstract website.
- All auto generated emails will appear as they are coming from CNS National Office: (Nationaloffice@childneurologysociety.org)
…(Some auto generated emails may appear in your spam folder. Please be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive an email after completing a submission.)
- Procedure/qualifications: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: ABSTRACTS
- Site functionality (Monday-Friday):email@example.com
Meeting Registration Information Posted on CNS Website
On-line registration in final testing – Opening Soon (July 22-26)
Watch for launch announcement via eConnections and on CNS Website Annual Meeting Page.
GUIDELINES – Late Breaking Abstracts
- CNS Membership not required for abstract submission or presentation.
- First Author listed will be required to verify work submitted is their own.
- Work submitted on behalf of a company, institution or association (e.g. pharmaceutical company) must be clearly identified as such in “Abstract Addendum” section and/or “Supplementary Information” (Financial Disclosures/Grants)
- Multiple submissions allowed. Multiple authors allowed. (Max. 3 submissions per presenting author)
- Word Count: 250 (does not include title, authors, or text embedded in graphs or graphics; maximum 2 graphics allowed)
- Work presented at other meeting(s) and or recently published will be reviewed; author must identify previous presentation venues and verify work was presented before a substantially different audience in space provided in the submission form.
- Abstracts should be broken into four-header format: Objective/Methods/Results/Conclusions
- SAVE & FINALIZE when submission is completed. Once your submission is completed, submitter is required to click “Publish” and the submitter will receive a confirmation email to verify completed submission has been received.
Review & Presentation
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the CNS Scientific Selection & Program Planning Committee assigned by the committee chairs.
- Anonymous review; author ID is not available to reviewers prior to final selection of abstracts.
- Notification of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be emailed to first author on or before August 17, 2021.
- Notification of non-acceptance will be emailed to first author on or after August 17, 2021.
- Authors presenting papers in platform/plenary session(s) will be required to adhere to ACCME financial disclosure/conflict of interest guidelines as defined by the meeting Joint CME Sponsor, MN Medical Association.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation will NOT be published in the2021 Annals of Neurology supplement or the CNS Annual Meeting Program. Abstracts accepted will be cited in the Fall/Annual Meeting edition of CNS Connections and on the CNS website.
- Authors of abstracts accepted for presentation are required to register for the 50th Annual CNS Meeting. A registered proxy listed as contributing author may present in the event that the first author is unable to attend.
- Authors are responsible for all expenses related to attending and presenting at the meeting. No honoraria will be awarded for poster or platform/plenary presentations.