Nominations are now being accepted for an annual award given by the Child Neurology Society and the Professors & Educators of Child Neurology recognizing outstanding performance by a child neurology or neurodevelopmental pediatrics (NDD) training director.
The award recipient will receive a $1000.00 honorarium and a plaque, and will be recognized at the 50th CNS Annual Meeting in Boston, as well as in a profile published in the Fall/Annual Meeting edition of CNS Connections and posted on the CNS website.
Previous recipients of the CNS-PCN Training Director Award:
- Harvey Singer (2013)
- Steve Leber (2014)
- Rob Rust (2015)
- David Urion (2016)
- Sidney Gospe (2017)
- Bruce Shapiro (2018)
- Karen Ballaban-Gil (2019)
- No award was given in 2020, there being no parallel/equivalent award presented by our joint meeting partner, the International Child Neurology Association.
- Nominees should be a current or former child neurology residency or NDD program director.
- The award recipient should have demonstrated leadership and vision in local program development, curriculum development, innovation in teaching methods, or training requirements.
- The awardee should inspire in trainees and colleagues alike a passion for the practice of child neurology and/or NDD. Nominees must be living at the time of selection.
- Nominees may not currently be serving as members of either the CNS or PCN board of directors.
- Procedure: Prepare a single PDF file (BY JUNE 5) with:
- A primary letter of nomination (required)
- Nominee’s CV (required; no signatures required, however)
- Up to three additional letters of support (optional)
- Email PDF file to Roger Larson, CAE, Executive Director, CNS (email@example.com); cc Nancy Bass, MD, President, Professors of Child Neurology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Review and selection will be conducted by a joint selection committee comprised of two members of the Child Neurology Society and three members of the Professors & Educators of Child Neurology (PECN).
- The 2021 awardee will be informed of the committee’s decision by June 15, 2021.
Contact Roger Larson,
CAE, Executive Director, Child Neurology Society
email@example.com | Tel (651) 486-9447