The 45th Annual CNS Meeting in Vancouver shattered previous attendance records, raised the bar for programming excellence,and left many people wondering in these first post-inauguration weeks of the Trump administration, “Why, when I had the chance, didn’t I stay? Important firsts include:
- First three-day retreat of the newly formed Child Neurology Career Development Program (CNCDP, succeeding the NSADA program)
- First annual John M. “Jack” Pellock Epilepsy Seminar for Residents,
- First presentation of two Bernard D’Souza International Fellowship Awards; this year’s recipients were Dr. Arushi Gahlot Saini, from Chandigarh, India and Dr. Tipu Sultan, from Lahore, Pakistan.
- First Biomedical Writing Workshop, organized by Steve Roach.
- A record 254 posters were presented, sharing space with a record 82 exhibits.
CNS Annual Meeting Program
Harvey Singer, MD (Baltimore, MA)
Bernard Sachs Award
Harvey Sarnat, MD (Calgary, AL, Canada)
Roger & Mary Brumback Lifetime Achievement Awards
Kalpathy Krishnamoorthy, MD (Boston, MA)
Doris Trauner, MD (La Jolla, CA)
Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award
Oscar Papaziam, MD (Miami, FL)
Philip R. Dodge Young Investigator Award
Diana Bharucha-Goebel, MD (Bethesda, MD)