Nomination Deadline Extended: Tuesday, November 15, 2022
The Child Neurology Society announces a prestigious award to honor a child neurologist and member of the Child Neurology Society who is highly regarded as an outstanding teacher and scholar and additionally has given a high level of service to the Child Neurology Society. Particular emphasis is placed on contributions to child neurology at other national and international levels (ABPN, AAN, ANA, ICNA). Nominations for the 2023 Hower Award should be submitted by September 20, 2022 (Note: Extension – we are extending the nomination period until November 15, 2022). Nominations will be reviewed by the Awards Committee and the recipient of the 2023 Hower Award will be notified by December 31, 2022.
- The nominee is a child neurologist and a member of the Child Neurology Society.
- The nominee is recognized as an outstanding teacher and scholar.
- The nominee has given a high level of service to the Child Neurology Society.
- The nominee is recognized for contributions to child neurology at other national and
international venues and organizations.
- Submit an electronic nomination online
- Merge the following documents into a single pdf file (no .doc or .docx formats):
- Letter of Nomination, 1-5 pages in length, double-spaced. The letter should include a statement of the applicantʼs eligibility for this award, as outlined above.
- A recent copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae.
- Up to 3 additional letters of support (optional).
- Online nominations must be entered and saved on the CNS website by November 15, 2022.
- The 2023 awardee will be informed of the Award Committee’s decision by December 31, 2022.
- The lecture will be presented at the 52nd CNS Annual Meeting to be held October 4-7, 2023. There will be a five-minute introduction by a colleague chosen by the Hower Awardee, followed by a forty-minute presentation. The Hower Awardee is also expected to deliver a similar lecture in March/April 2024 at Akron Children’s Hospital.
For Questions Contact:
Monique Terrell, Executive Director/CEO
Given that the Hower Award is presented annually, submission of updated nominations for members not selected is encouraged the following year.