Nomination Deadline: Sunday, October 31, 2023
The Child Neurology Society announces a prestigious award to honor a child neurologist and member of the Child Neurology Society who is highly regarded as an outstanding teacher and scholar and additionally has given a high level of service to the Child Neurology Society. Particular emphasis is placed on contributions to child neurology at other national and international levels (ABPN, AAN, ANA, ICNA). Nominations for the 2024 Hower Award should be submitted by October 31, 2023. Nominations will be reviewed by the Awards Committee and the recipient of the 2024 Hower Award will be notified by January 15, 2024.
- The nominee is a child neurologist and a member of the Child Neurology Society.
- The nominee is recognized as an outstanding teacher and scholar.
- The nominee has given a high level of service to the Child Neurology Society.
- The nominee is recognized for contributions to child neurology at other national and
international venues and organizations.
- Submit an electronic nomination online via this form.
a. Enter the nominee’s contact information and why they are deserving of this award.
b. If you would like to submit nominations for multiple awards, please complete the submission form for each award, returning to the award submission link for each award nomination.
c. New for 2023: no letters of recommendation or CVs are required in order to submit a nomination.
- Additional documents may be requested from the nominee by the awards committee at a later date.
- Online nominations must be entered and saved on the CNS website by October 31, 2023.
- The 2024 awardee will be informed of the Award Committee’s decision by January 15, 2024.
- The lecture will be presented at the 53rd CNS Annual Meeting to be held November 11-14, 2024 in San Diego, CA. There will be a five-minute introduction by a colleague chosen by the Hower Awardee, followed by a forty-minute presentation. The Hower Awardee is also expected to deliver a similar lecture in March/April 2025 at Akron Children’s Hospital.
For Questions Contact:
Bill Stanton, Membership Manager
Given that the Hower Award is presented annually, submission of updated nominations for members not selected is encouraged the following year.