January 31 is the deadline for the following
- Annual Membership Dues: Save $50 on meeting registration
- Boston: Submit symposium proposal for 50th Anniversary Meeting
- Committees: Open slots still available for new volunteers
Annual Membership Dues
Active CNS Members paying 2021 dues by January 31 will receive $50 off their registration fee for the 50th Anniversary Meeting in Boston. Click to pay your dues.
Boston – Submit a Proposal and Be a Part of History
CNS Members are encouraged to submit proposals for scientific symposia and/or breakfast seminars to be presented at the 50th Annual Child Neurology Society Meeting in Boston, September 29-October 2, 2021. The final meeting structure has not yet been determined and will depend, in large part, on whether or to what extent we are able to meet live in Boston vs virtually on-line, as well as on the variety and volume of outstanding proposals received from CNS members. Members are encouraged to send proposals for presentation modalities including, but not limited to:
- 2.5 hour symposia
- 1-hour workshops
- 1.25 hour seminars
- 1-hour Meet-the-Expert sessions
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2021
The Scientific Program Committee will review proposals and construct a program addressing the broad spectrum of CNS members’ research, education, training and practice interests and needs. Acceptance emails will be sent to session organizers/proposers in mid-February.
- Did you organize a session presented virtually in October? If so, is there a follow-up session you would like to present this year?
- Did you submit a proposal that was not presented virtually in October? If so, would you consider re-submitting the same or a modified proposal this year (The volume of submissions and the unique needs and interests related to meeting jointly with ICNA resulted in a lot of highly qualified proposals being turned down)
- Have you never submitted a proposal? What better time than now to submit your first? And what better venue than the 50th Annual Meeting?
Carl Stafstrom, MD, PhD
Chair, Scientific Selection & Program Planning Committee
Yasmin Khakoo, MD
Associate Chair, Scientific Selection & Program Planning Committee
Click here to email Emily McConnell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CNS members willing to volunteer their time and talents to serve on a committee are encouraged to send a letter of interest to Roger Larson (email@example.com) by January 31.
- Available slots vary by committee between 1-3.
- Younger, early career members and Junior Members in their final year of training are encouraged to consider volunteering.
- Members from racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in science (Hispanic or Latino, Black or African-American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or other Pacific Islander) and/or individuals with disabilities (as described in the Americans with Disabilities Act) are encouraged to volunteer.
POST DATE: January 27, 2021