Nominations are now being accepted for an annual award given by the Child Neurology Society and the Professors of Child Neurology recognizing outstanding performance by a child neurology or neurodevelopmental pediatrics training director. The award recipient will receive a $1000.00 honorarium and plaque, and will be recognized at the 50th CNS Annual Meeting as well as in CNS Connections and the CNS website. Previous recipients of the CNS-PCN Training Director Award are Harvey Singer (2013), Steve Leber (2014), Rob Rust (2015), David Urion (2016), Sid Gospe (2017) Bruce Shapiro (2018), and Karen Ballaban-Gil (2019). No award was given in 2020.
- Nominees should be a current or former child neurology residency program director.
- The award recipient should have demonstrated leadership and vision in local program development, curriculum development, innovation in teaching methods, or training requirements.
- The awardee should inspire in trainees and colleagues alike a passion for the practice of child neurology. Nominees must be living at the time of selection.
- Nominees may not currently be serving as members of either the CNS or PCN board of directors.
- Prepare a single PDF file with
- A primary letter of nomination
- Up to three additional letters of support
- Nominee’s CV. No signatures are required.
- Email PDF file to Roger Larson, CAE, Executive Director, CNS (email@example.com); cc Nancy Bass, MD, President, Professors of Child Neurology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline: Complete nomination must be received on or before May 25, 2021
- Review and selection will be conducted by a joint selection committee comprised of two members of the Child Neurology Society and three members of the Professors of Child Neurology (PCN).
- The 2021 awardee will be informed of the committee’s decision by June 1, 2021.
- Questions? Contact Roger Larson, Executive Director, Child Neurology Society (email@example.com); Tel: 651-486-9447